The Cosmetic dentistry generally is used to refer the dental treatment which can improve the appearance of the teeth and gum of a person. The treatment focuses primarily on the improvement of various tooth related aesthetics in position, shape, size, alignment, color and the overall appearance of smile. There are two types of dental specialties which predominantly focus on the dental esthetics. These are termed as Prosthodontics and Orthodontics.
There are many clinics in San Antonio to provide effective cosmetic dentistry to the patients. The Cheap Dentist Office in San Antonio TX for Cosmetic Dentistry has many years of experience in this field and can provide the patients a satisfactory service at an affordable cost.
Types of the Cosmetic Dentistry:
The cosmetic dentistry can be of several types. The Cheap Dentist Office in San Antonio TX for Cosmetic Dentistry can provide each of the following services.
- Addition of any dental material to the teeth and gums i.e. bonding, crowns, porcelain veneers, gum grafts
- Removal of the tooth structure and gums i.e. enameloplasty etc.
- Teeth whitening and removing pigmentation.
- Straightening of teeth for the improvement of the appearance of face.
Features of the Treatment:
The Cheap Dentist Office in San Antonio TX for Cosmetic Dentistry is known for various treatments related to the cosmetic dentistry. The features of some of those treatments are discussed below.
- Dental Crowns: The professional dentists can effectively treat the tooth which is cracked, chipped or decayed due to various reasons. A dental crown must be recommended by the dentists if there is any extensive damage to the tooth surface and roots of the tooth remains intact. The crown is the dental restoration which can cover and protect the damaged tooth. It can be called as a cap and can easily return the strength, structure, and function to the tooth affected by extensive damage or decay to the original size and shape. Generally porcelain is used to make the crowns.
- Veneers: The Veneers permanently bond with the surface of the front teeth to fix the appearance of the patient’s smile. It is also known as the Hollywood smile. The veneers can straighten and whiten the teeth appearance. These are made by the tooth-colored materials to perfectly blend with the teeth and customized to fit the mouth. The materials, which are used to make the veneers, include resin composites or porcelain. The resin veneers needs minimum removal of the tooth surface while the porcelain veers are better resistant to the staining. The patients must choose the treatment after consulting the dentists.
- Dental bridges: These are generally used to substitute the missing teeth. The bridge is fixed and has a pleasing appliance. It is made by two crowns on the either side of the missing tooth. It is fixed in nature as it is cemented in a particular place and cannot be removed. It can fill the gap and prevent the movement of the remaining teeth. Besides that, a bridge can also improve speech articulation, chewing function and give the patient youthful appearance.